Sunday, June 17, 2007

Time Flies! Plants Grow!

Well it's been over a month since my last post, and there have been some changes on the roof garden. It's actually... starting to look green! =)

This is what it looked like on May 23rd:
This is what it looks like now. The original drip system wasn't working very well because the supply line was the same width as the feeder tubes. So, I got some wider tubing and set it up. Now I just have to fix some leaks at the 2 ends of the supply tubing and then fine tune the amount of drip that I want coming out of each feeder.
Some of my strawberries died, so I grouped the living ones together and transplanted my flowers to the window boxes (That's actually my neighbor's window):
Here's how big my watermelons have grown. I decided to move them to the front of the roof so that they'd have more room to spread out as they grow:
And my tomatoes have grown a lot too!

2 comments:

adlr said...

nice work! did anybody attack you while you were working on your garden??

Anonymous said...

no attacks! Just the occasional broken beer bottles. But lately, the curtains on the windows of the apartment next to my roof have been drawn, so they can't see me when i'm there.